Be responsible...

for your own happiness.
[smiles] ok get your mind out of the gutter, or is that just me?
I was thinking of an episode of "The Big Bang Theory" (something Leonard's Mom said ... LOL)

  What I'm referring to has nothing to do with a type of gratification that can be a duel effort.  I feel a compulsion to write out my frustration.  It bothers me to see, hear or to read of someone blaming others for their unhappiness.

Monkeys: Quaintly, Elora and Wry
    For example,  I'm trying to teach my daughter Dagny to overcome this....I'll ask, "why are you feeling so angry?"  She'll respond with her jaw clenched and fists held tight against her thighs, "Anya is ALWAYS getting into my stuff, touching my stuff doing things to my stuff. Anya is ALWAYS making me angry! SHE is so annoying, she makes me..." I stop her at that point.
"Whoa... whoa... slow down..." I try to explain, "YOU can only control you.  Everyone has the power... immense power to take control of HOW you react to the things that happen around you. YOU can not make/control someone elses actions." In response to what I'm trying to explain to her, she exhales loudly and groans a little.  Welcome to parenthood.

  I am by no means an expert on this process,  I have to remind myself of this often.  Yet, when you do it's splendiferousness... there is nothing that can hold you back from enjoying life.

[reads what I just wrote and laughs...  I sound like some sort of "self help" article.]  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Extremely shy in large social settings but love to make friends, to explore and go on adventures, wicked sense of humor (once I feel comfortable), and a bit of a social-chameleon (so I've been told)